Full day hiking to Tredjetoppen 1272 m.a.s.
We cheat a little in the beginning by taking the cable car from 200 meters above sea level up to the Fjellheisrestauranten at 656 meters above sea level. From there, we follow a marked trail up to Linken before we begin the more airy part of the hike. With Beisfjorden 1100 meters below us on one side and the steep north side on the other, we truly get the feeling of being on top of the mountain. From Tredjetoppen, we can enjoy a fantastic 360-degree view of fjords and mountains. On the descent, we follow the ridge on the north side down to Mørkhola and then find the trail through the forest that leads us back to the cable car.
This is a moderately to challenging hike suitable for those with some mountain experience. The hike is approximately 10 km long and has an ascent of about 600 meters and a descent of 1000 meters. We walk on small trails in rough terrain, and there are some airy sections along the way. It's important to wear good shoes and dress according to the weather forecast, as the weather can change rapidly in the mountains.
Information about the hike:
- Minimum 1 participant, maximum 8 participants per booking
- Booking deadline: 11:00 PM the day before
- Age limit: from 8 years old
- Difficulty level: 3, moderate. Participants must have mountain experience and be in good physical condition for an uphill hike. Not suitable for strollers or wheelchairs.
- Period: June 23 - September 30
- Days: Every day (June-August). Fri, Sat, and Sun (September)
- Duration: approximately 7 hours
- Meeting point: Lower cable car station, Skistua 61, 8515 Narvik. The guide will meet the participants there.
- Meeting time: Every day at 11:00 AM (June, July, and August). Friday at 3:00 PM, Saturday and Sunday at 11:00 AM (September).
- Guest requirements: Clothing and footwear according to weather conditions. Bring food and drinks.
- Guest tips: Remember your camera and extra clothes.
Price: 1595 NOK per participant (includes one-way cable car transport and guided hiking)
Facilities: Toilets available at the meeting point and in the restaurant. Opportunities to purchase drinks and snacks on-site.