Easy guided downhill hike suitable for families and beginners
We start with a coffee/te/cocoa and ice cream at the mountain restaurant before we embark on the trail. The journey begins above the tree line, providing breathtaking views of the Ofotfjorden and Narvik city. As we descend below the tree line, we enter the enchanting North Norwegian birch forest, where we can explore the rich biodiversity that thrives here. With a bit of luck, we might even encounter the mountain-dwelling goats that inhabit the area during the summer.
This is an easy hike that follows a forest trail suitable for both children and adults. The majority of the hike is downhill. It is recommended to wear sturdy shoes for the uneven terrain and dress appropriately for the weather.
Information about the hike:
- Minimum 1 participant, maximum 10 participants per booking
- Booking deadline: One day before at 23.00 (11pm)
- Agelimit: All ages
- Degree of difficulty: 1-2. Low threshold. Participants needs to be in reasonable good physical shape for an easy hike. Not suitable for prams or wheelchairs.
- Period: 16. Juni - 31. Oktober
- Days of week: All days (jun-aug). Fri, sat and sun (sept-oct)
- Duration: 1,5-2,5 hours
- Meeting point Lower cable car station, Skistua 61, 8515 Narvik. A guide will meet the participants.
- Meeting time: Several available times. The specific timing will be chosen by participant and confirmed in the bookingconfirmation
- Requirements: Clothing and shoes suitable for the weatherconditions
- Recommendation: Bring your camera and something to drink
Price: NOK 495,- per participant (incl cable car transport one way, one drink, one icecream and guide)
Facilities:Toilets available next to meeting point and in the mountain restaurant. Possible to buy drinks and snacks on site.